Model: Golf GTI
Engine: 1.8 8V 77kW
Year: 1991 (188,000kms)
– Service History indicates power steering pump replaced twice, rack once and i think something is up with it again, lots of noise when under more stress (lower speed)
– Gearbox crunches from 1st to 2nd and has some serious transmission whine, has 188,000kms on it and will be replaced shortly though. (Don’t sell that Recon Box Golf Loon!! )
– Rocker Cover Oil Leak
– Engine still feels very solid and has more go in it than you expect for an engine rated @ 77kw at manufacturing time. Especially as you move up the rev range.
– Interior has held up fairly well.
– Handles like its on Rails